Now in the tray of pens below, there is a veritable potpourri of “100” pens, mostly modern with a few vintage mixed in for good measure!
- a blue Waterman Charleston (that is based on the Waterman 100 year pen);
- a Waterman LeMan 100 Opera Series pen in black acrylic resin over brass and carved with a unique chased bargello stitch pattern;
- a limited edition Waterman Liaison “Cobra” fountain pen with black chasing that makes it ‘look’ and ‘feel’ like snake skin (the Liaison replaced the Man 100/200 as Waterman’s “top of the line” pen c. 1994);
- a black & gold Waterman Exception “Night & Day” fountain pen (I knew that there is a connection to 100, I just cannot remember what it was that I was thinking!!);
- a special edition Conway Stewart “Garner 100” model in Patriot Stripe, #12 of 100 (Tommy Garner was one of the co-founders of Conway Stewart);
- another Waterman Liaison except this one is in woodgrain ebonite (As noted above, the Liaison model was one of two flagships of the Waterman line, at least for a time. Waterman had a practice of offering two models that represented the peak of the pen-maker’s art at the timee – one classic and one avant-garde. The Liaison was a classic model.);
- a standard 3-band model (vintage) Conway Stewart 100 (the top of the line 100 was launched c. 1955 and was available only in black);
- a limited edition Levenger/Conway Stewart pen in green whirl, #009 of 100;
- a vintage Mabie Todd Swan Self-Filler (S.F.) 100 in woodgrain ebonite; and finally,
- a vintage Pelikan 100 (the Pelikan model 100 pens were launched c. 1928, featuring a revolutionary piston pump ink filling mechanism and a transparent section that allowed the user to view the amount of ink remaining in the pen. The Pelikan 100 series of fountain pens are cherished by both Pelikan and vintage pen collectors alike.).
Not a bad list, all things considered. Now it’s your turn – what obvious and not so obvious pen or pen(s) have we missed or can you outthink us? Do you have an idea for “100” pens that no one else could possibly think of?
Thanks for reading!